Thursday, April 28, 2016

Knitting EDC

Oh hell, that's pretty dorky. I didn't go all prepper on you guys. EDC (every day carry) is a popular thing to do if you are a guy (usually) and want to show off your fancy flashlight and pocket knife. Or if you are a hipster and have an overpriced journal and cool pen.

I have all of these things except a little flashlight and I think I want one. But anyway...

THIS is my knitting EDC. And since I carry my knitting everywhere, I mean everywhere, I thought I would share what I always have on my person. Yeah, I just wrote those words.

The bag is from Knit Picks. It is the 'tool pouch' and I think it is the best notions bag ever. I like the size and that it is clear. So when my scissors are missing, I know. I mean, I have this spidey-sense when my scissors are missing anyway but visual confirmation is important.

The needle tube is the Clover Chibi darning needle set. It has picked up a few straggling orphan needles.

The scissors are the very bestest scissors ever. Mark gave them to me early in our marriage and I use them everyday. I think they were from Walmart, although I could be wrong!

A small nail file. Broken fingernails destroy yarn. And my favorite wooden sock needles sometimes need a bit of smoothing.

A small tin of stitch markers and progress keepers. I like the snagless rings the best!

Washi tape. I don't know. I use it, but not every day. It might get jettisoned.

Tape measure. God help you if you break my tape measure. It is second only to the scissors. Don't ever touch it or move it or look at it funny. I will cut you. But not with my stork scissors because they are for yarn only!

A little gold crochet hookie thing. Yeah, that may go out the airlock with the washi tape. I don't use it very much. Maybe I should have cleaned this out before taking a photo?

Sakura Micron pen. That snuck in as well. It is nice to write with but I think it was thrown in to keep a certain little person from sneaking off with it.

Mechanical pencil (bright green) hand-turned by Mark. I love it. It is starting to behave like a teenager though so yeah... tough times.

Hand turned fountain pen- once again, Mark's work. I love this pen. Currently, I have Pilot Iroshizuku ink in Shin-kai. I think I get street cred for that.

A cheap bird notebook and green post-its. I use the notebook for design ideas and the post-its for everything else. I love post-its. So much so that I recite Michelle's glue monologue from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion way more frequently than I should. Ordinarily when you make glue, first you need to thermo set your resin.... I could go on, and I usually do!

That's it! And I will let you borrow anything if you need it but I will watch you like a hawk if you borrow the scissors or tape measure. I think I've mentioned that before.

What is in your notions bag?



I just re-watched this. Lisa Kudrow is brilliant.




2 comments:

  1. What do you use the washi tape for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it like a post it- to mark what line I am on in the chart. I was skeptical when I first heard this works but the adhesive is great and it lasts just as long, if not longer than a post it. And it is prettier than a post it. But I can't write craziness on the washi tape!

      Delete